Spokane County Open House | Oct 4 | 5PM-7PM | NL Fire Station
A NEW VOLUNTARY COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM:
click image below
Spokane County Annual Fall Open House
Hello Newman Lake Community, You are invited to attend the Annual Fall Open House, which we will be holding in person again! The meeting will be held at the Newman Lake Fire Station on Tuesday, October 4th at 5 pm. The meeting will also be broadcast on Microsoft Teams...
FIGHTING THE SCUM OF THE EARTH
By Colin Tiernan THE SPOKESMAN-REVIEW Spokane County is spending $2 million to fight scum. Green, goopy, gross lake scum, that is. The county commissioners plan to use $2.1 million to build a new system for combating algae blooms at Newman Lake. County taxpayers won’t...
Newman Lake Flood Control Zone District (NLFCZD) receives $2 Million Award to Replace Oxygen System.
This award came from from the Federal funds allocated through the American Rescue Act Plan of 2021. The Spokane Board of County Commissioners unanimously awarded the funds on July 12th. The funds will be used to replace the old oxygen system (aerator/Speece cone) in...
NL Annual Ice Cream Social – August 31 | 5-7pm
Fun, family friendly event! Complimentary shaved ice from Mamma Gators! Calling all small businesses in our community! The Newman Lake Property Owners Association hosts the annual ice cream social. Save the date: Wednesday August 31 from 5-7 pm. We are asking for...
Newman Lake, WA
Important Contact Information
- Emergency Response – Call 9-1-1
- Crime Check – Phone: (509) 456-2233 to report any unusual activity
- Newman Lake Fire & Rescue – Phone: (509) 226-1482 · (509) 226-5384
- Newman Lake S.C.O.P.E. – Sheriff Community Oriented Policing Effort. Phone: (509) 226-4357
- Spokane County Sheriff’s Office Marine Enforcement: Deputy James Ebel, (509) 477-7608
- Inland Power & Light – Phone – (509) 747-7151. Power outage report line (877) 668-8243. Website Link to report and monitor power outages.
- Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife – Spokane Office – (509) 892-1001 for assistance with wildlife encounters – moose, cougars, etc